As the resident Real Madrid fan and La Liga expert at The Bakery I feel a bit compelled to bring the Spanish primary league to the forefront as it’s often lost in the shuffle of our EPL tête-à-tête. Throughout the season you’ll be getting a throng of Real-based articles, Barcelona hate-pieces, Atletico indictments, and other news from around the most talented league in the world.
Just as the anticipation for the EPL was reaching a boiling point 2 weeks ago, such was the feeling surround La Liga until this past Friday when the action kicked off and boy was it a first week of play. FORTY GOALS SCORED. It was a massive week and while I wouldn’t suggest that the quality of goal scoring matched the quantity, there were certainly a few peaches. So, without further ado, I bring to you the cream of the crop, the best goals of La Liga Matchday 1! [I apologize in advance for the poor video quality. I’ll work on getting a better source as the weeks come]
1. Duje Cop (Sporting Gijon) volley v. Athletic Bilbao (1-0)
2. Marco Asensio (Real Madrid) flick v. Real Sociedad [What a peach!] (2-0)
3. Manu Garcia (Alaves) v. Atletico Madrid in stoppage to save the point (1-1)
4. Samuel Castillejo (Villareal) free kick v. Granada (1-0)
5. Lionel Messi (Barcelona) v. Real Betis (2-1)
And that wraps up this week’s best goals of La Liga. Tune in weekly for a recap of the league’s best goals!